Monday, November 30, 2009

Tennis in Pattaya and a Tornado in Reading


Sunday morning saw me wrenching myself from the wonderful world of sleep, donning a tennis skirt, and hitting the courts with The Husband. All seven courts at the Royal Cliff Sports & Fitness club, of which we're members, were booked on Saturday at the time we wanted to play so, to stop his sulking, I agreed to play for two hours on Sunday morning. Two hours isn't that long, I hear you all scoff. Perhaps not in colder climes, but in 30 degree centigrade heat and under a blazing sun in a cloudless blue sky, it is rather draining (especially with a slight headache from the previous night's activities!). At one stage, towards the end, my head was radiating so much heat that I thought it might be about to explode, but we ended our three sets with our bodies (just about) in one piece. I have to admit, it was fun (especially as I won all three sets!), and it was a great feeling to think that we still had most of the day to play with - our free time is even more precious than ever here as The Husband works six day weeks. We spent the rest of the day lazing by the pool at the club, just reading, swimming, chatting, listening to our iPods. Bliss. The weekly Skype with The Parents took place at 5.30pm, then I enjoyed a delicious roast cooked by The Husband. All in all, a pretty perfect Sunday.

This morning, I was eating my breakfast whilst reading my emails when I came across a link to an article on the BBC News website sent to me by The Mother. It appears that Caversham, the ... in which our ‘proper’ home is, was hit by a mini-tornado on Sunday, causing some damage to a primary school and a few houses. My interest piqued, and starting to feel a little worried now, I researched further. It appears that this freak tornado was only a couple of streets away from our house. From the little I know about tornados, they only cause damage to buildings in their direct path so hopefully our little house is still intact, but I’m sending an email to the letting agents just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment