Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Space Age

It’s all suddenly seeming very real now. Ravi has been driven off into the sunset leaving a gaping space in our driveway. We have given our massive TV to a friend so there is now a TV-shaped space in the front room. And now the movers have been and taken our life for the past 27 months with them on the back of a lorry which has left rather a lot of space everywhere. It truly feels like we’re in limbo, just waiting for the next phase of our lives to begin. Nothing here is ours now, we’re imposters in someone else’s house. This isn’t where we belong anymore and I finally feel totally, completely ready to go. I want to go back to our little Victorian terrace, our very own house containing our very own things in it. Well, possibly minus one very nice distressed white wooden framed mirror bought from Chatuchak Market in Bangkok and stupidly not added to the pile for the movers to take. I love that mirror and I will be devastated if they don’t let us somehow get it to their warehouse before the rest of our worldly goods are trucked down in a road train to Perth and eventually loaded into a plane bound for London. I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach – this has not been a good outcome to a day of loss, of feeling torn between two countries, two lives. My mission is now to save the mirror at all costs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment