Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Silver Lining

I never thought it was possible to sustain an injury from an air-conditioning unit. Unless one fell on you. That would probably cause quite a lot of pain. Actually, that thought is comforting me somewhat as I'm sure I'd be in a far more dire situation if that was how our air-conditioner had injured me. However, it is day two and I am still in pain. Not as much as yesterday, but it hurts nonetheless and I not good with any sort of pain. On the upside, I'm sure that without The Husband's help I would be in considerably more pain than I am now. Last night he pummeled my shoulder and upper back with his thumb and fist, trying to loosen my knotted muscles. Much clicking, popping and whimpering ensued but it seems to have worked.

I think perhaps that regular massages might be in order. For the purposes of injury prevention and not because they're heavenly, of course. If we were in England I would be cajoling The Husband into doing it but, as we're in Thailand, where you're never more than a few minutes away from a salon or spa with massages that cost as much as a glass of wine in a London bar, I will be employing the skills of a professional. The question is whether I opt for a Thai massage or a gentler oil massage. Given that the last time I went for a Thai massage the therapist lifted me up into the air with his feet while pulling my arms back behind my head (amongst other positions that I never thought my body was capable of), I think I may wait until the pain has completely subsided before putting my body through that. Aromatherapy oil massage it is then. At least something good has come from all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment