Friday, January 22, 2010

Wintry Weather in the Tropics

It's not your typical hot and sunny January day in Pattaya today. The sun is doing a very good job of hiding away behind a thick blanket of clouds and it's looking rather dark outside. It might just rain, which is very unusual for this time of year. When we first arrived in Pattaya, on January 6th, it was almost two months before we felt one drop of rain. It is, however, still very warm. I am sat in shorts and a strappy top, with the ceiling fan wafting mercifully cool air over me. Not that you'd know that by looking at what many of the Thais are wearing today. Dressed in jeans, jumpers and jackets, you'd think it was at least 15 degrees C cooler than it actually is. I suppose if you've lived all your life in a continually hot and humid climate, the tiniest drop in temperature would prompt you to grab your jumper from the back of the wardrobe. I'm just grateful not be sitting in front of my computer sweating and wishing I was by the pool! As long as the weather returns to being beautifully warm and sunny by tomorrow when I am due to fit in my weekly strenuous day of sunbathing, it can continue to be cloudy for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment