Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can't Complain

I’ll admit it, I spend a great deal of time on this blog moaning about things out here but only because it’s those things that are most interesting. Plus, you’d get very bored if all I did was go on about how wonderful life is in Thailand. The truth is, it’s pretty great. There have been some incredibly frustrating moments, incidents that have made me laugh out loud with the ridiculousness of the situation, and there are definitely things I miss about home, but there are times when I think to myself just how lucky we are to have had this experience. Times like last Friday evening. The Husband and I went out for dinner at a restaurant right by the beach. We sat at a table under the stars, with the sound of the sea gently lapping at the shore playing in our ears, and ate fried rice in a hollowed out pineapple, spring rolls, chicken and cashew nuts, and a spicy Thai salad. After dinner, we made our way down to the beach and walked barefoot in the sand, the cool sea breeze a welcome relief to the warmth of the evening. It felt like we were on holiday. We play tennis every weekend (without the need for layers or rain breaks), sunbathe by the pool (of which we have a choice between the pool where we live or the one at the club) and on the beach, and have eaten more al fresco meals in the past year than we ever have done. It’s not a bad life here really.

No comments:

Post a Comment