Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dirty Laundry


Washing machines, like ovens, are something of a rarity in Pattaya so most people we know out here take their washing to a laundry. The cost is minimal and your laundry is returned to you beautifully pressed. We are lucky to have a washing machine, even if it is a bit of an eyesore being an absolute tank and right next to the dining room table! Still, it means that I can pop a load in and leave it to run while I'm working rather than having to leave the flat twice to take it to a laundry and then collect it. I try not to leave the flat in the week unless absolutely necessary - I truly am turning into a reclusive writer, furiously typing away and grumbling at any intrusion in the form of the phone ringing or the door being knocked.

If I did take our washing to a laundry, I would not frequent the one just down the road from us. It shares a car park with a few other businesses, including a Harley Davidson shop. This car park is fairly busy, especially with motorbikes which zoom in and out in a cloud of fumes. This doesn't deter the laundry from frequently hanging out its washing in this car park. Yesterday, as I walked past on my way to the gym, I noticed that the washing was not only surrounded by parked cars but had actually blown over onto the ground. Not a good advertisement for the laundry. Bring your laundry to us and we'll wash it beautifully... and then leave it to dry in a dirty car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment