Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Out There

It is cold. It is very cold. Thailand, what have you done to me?? I am sitting here in thick socks, joggers, a big jumper and a fluffy dressing gown. It is 15 degrees C. In England this would be considered mild. Of course, 15 degrees C does feel colder in Hong Kong as buildings here aren't built for the cold, they're designed to keep their occupants cool in the heat and humidity that grips the city for most of the year. Last night I was esconced in two duvets as a portable heater blew warm air over me. Oh, and I slept in my socks, something I normally only ever do in the depths of winter in the UK. I'm actually getting slightly concerned about how I willl fair when we do return to England, especiually as it is likely to be winter. It will not be pretty. I imagine our heating bill will be through the roof!

For now, I am indebted to portable heaters, slipper socks and hot Shreddies. I find mulled wine normally helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment