Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Card Marathon

Finished writing all the Christmas cards at last! Hallelujah! The process started towards the end of November when I began writing the Christmas letter to put in the family cards - a summary of the past year for family we haven't seen in all that time. It's hard to condense everything you've done in 12 months onto a side of A4, especially when you've moved half way across the world in that time! Once the letter was typed out, checked over, revised, checked over again, and finally printed out, I then had to add a personal message to each one in pen. All that before I'd even written the cards and addressed the envelopes!! I finally finished them all yesterday but then came the most exhausting bit - posting them.

This should really be the easy part of the process but not if you have to go to Pattaya's shoebox of a post office. I walked in to complete pandemonium. There were boxes and packages absolutely everywhere, meaning that the already small floor area was hugely diminished. The queues led right to the back wall and then snaked awkwardly around the boxes on the floor. It didn't help that there were only two counters open. To be fair though, when I eventually did get to the front of the queue, I was dealt with most efficiently and wasn't asked twenty questions like I always am back in the UK. Despite this, I was certianly glad to be out of the door, even if it did lead straight out to a soi lined with girly bars! Only in Pattaya would the public post office be slap bang in the middle of a narrow street choked with bars containing girls wearing as little as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment